It's difficult situation, though, because the buyer can never be sure of the quality of the names they will receive.
It's a gamble both ways, if you think about it -- the buyer can just tell a friend about the names on the list, and then claim they didn't like them. HotNameList would never be the wiser.
So, that's why we list sample names for free on HotNameList every week day: To try to show the quality of names that you could expect for your market. About 4% of the listed names are eventually bought by site visitors. To us, this means that at least 1 in 25 of the names are good enough for a domainer or end user to actually pay for them.
Once a domain name idea is "out of the bag", its value is permanently changed. An unethical buyer may like the name, but claim she doesn't. It really comes down to the questions of whether ideas are really worth anything. We at HotNameList.com think they are.
We are often willing to go to an extra effort to earn your trust and earn you as a client. So, we will agree that we do the first list on a contingency basis. If you register any of the names on the first list, then you can pay the fee.
In order to begin, we need the following information:
- Tell us a little about your business or company. We also need your current main website name, your business address, and phone.
- How are you planning to use the domains: Investment? Advertising? Parking? Startup? Blog? Other?
- What industry or market or topic are you interested in? The more specific you are here, the better we can help you.
- Most importantly, we need a list of 3-4 websites that have a considerable amount of text content related to the topics you are interested in. The more text, the better. For example if the topic is "Cats", you might suggest CATS.COM. The site does not need to be yours -- it can be a competitor or just a site with relevant content.
- We assume you are looking for .COM English domain names without digits or dashes.
- We will look for 1, 2, or 3 word domains. One word domains are extremely hard to find, since nearly all words in the English dictionary are taken, so you should not expect any of these.
- The maximum length domain we will deliver is 17 characters for 2-word domains, and 22 characters for a 3 or 4 word domains. Very short names are very uncommon. You should not expect many names under 9 characters.
- The listed domains will almost entirely be real words relatated to your topic -- not made up words like Flickr or Ebay.
- We don't set any minimums on CPC (cost per click) for the keywords in the domains that are found, but we will try to choose the best CPC available for your market.
- The names will be verified against WHOIS to make sure they are not registered ON THE DATE FOUND. It is up to you to register the names in a timely fashion if you want them.
- The domains names are manually verified to make sure they are good names. Typically, we are inspecting 1500-2000 domain names to create a list of 30 good ones.
Once we receive your information, we will need a day or two to make your list. We will then provide you with a "secret" web page with your words on it that only you can see. An example would be: http://hotnamelist.com/kevin. On this page you will see all the names, as well as all the collected statistics for the names. You can sort by different columns, by clicking on the column headers.
If, after seeing the list, you decide you'd like to register one or more names on the list, then you can pay the fee via PayPal or check. If you do buy the list, the names will NEVER be published on the public website.*
If you don't like the list (or don't pay within 15 days), then the names remain available for HotNameList to publish to the public.
If you don't like the first list that we give you because it is off-topic, but you'd like us to keep trying with a slightly different topic, we can discuss terms at that time.
Hopefully, this blog entry answers some of your questions about our domain name finding service.
Happy Domain Hunting!